The Alberta Health Care Insurance Plan pays for many of the services you receive from your doctor.

However, the government plan does not cover certain uninsured services. Some are billed to lawyers, government agencies or others. Some are billed to you. You or a third party (such as your employer, insurance company or school) may request a letter, report, form, etc., from your physician.

These services require the time and expertise of your doctor and staff. As a result, you or the third party will be billed a fee to cover these costs.

Your doctor will discuss any fee with you before providing an uninsured service. Payment will be expected when you receive the service. To make other payment arrangements, please talk with your doctor or the staff.

We accept cash, debit or credit cards. Please see reception staff with your payment.

The following is a list of uninsured services for which this clinic may bill you.

Following you can find a list with examples of services to whom fees may apply:

  • Transfer of records
  • Request of copies of medical records.
  • Private letters/forms (e.g., sick notes).
  • Insurance forms (e.g., disability).
  • Third-party letters/examinations.
  • Certain uninsured procedures (e.g., moles, skin tags/wart removal).
  • Telephone prescription renewals.
  • Travel advice and immunizations